ADSM-L

Re: Tape Library Capacity Requirement.

2002-03-11 23:25:18
Subject: Re: Tape Library Capacity Requirement.
From: Zosimo Noriega <znoriega AT ADNOC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:22:55 +0400
hi daniel,

currently we're using ADSM 3.1 and IBM 3494 TL, we're planning to upgrade or
change the backup & tape library solution, so, we're still evaluating the
solution. we selected 3 backup solutions from the list (TSM, LEGATO,
VERITAS)with there own proposed tape library.  Since, we have that disk
spaces available (3.7TB) with 80% utilised, we want to calculate the
required TL capacity.  If we selected TSM what is the required capacity for
TL if we implemented 4 versions of archive & 3 versions of incremental
backups.

reagrds,