ADSM-L

RESOURCEUTILIZATION - NT client 4.1.2.12

2015-10-04 17:10:42
Subject: RESOURCEUTILIZATION - NT client 4.1.2.12
From: Michael, Monte [mailto:monte.michael AT PIONEER DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Has anyone experienced greater backup throughput by setting the
RESOURCUTILIZATION parameter greater than the default value on an NT =
CLIENT?
When you increase the resourceutilization on a client, are there any =
server
settings that need changed as well?

TSM Environment information:
AIX SERVER - 4.2.1.9
AIX CLIENTS - 4.1.3
NT CLIENTS - 4.1.2.12

I have set the resourceutilization to 5 in my dsm.opt file on one of our
large file/print servers, and I was only able to decrease the backup =
runtime
by an average of 35 minutes.  Please reply with any experiences you may =
of
had with adjusting this parameter above the default value.

Thank You,

Monte