ADSM-L

Re: HSM + GPFS/HACMP

2002-03-11 11:12:13
Subject: Re: HSM + GPFS/HACMP
From: Gabriel Wiley <wileyg AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 11:10:31 -0500
Yep,

PSSP 3.2

Gabriel C. Wiley
ADSM/TSM Administrator
AIX Support
Phone 1-614-308-6709
Pager  1-877-489-2867
Fax      1-614-308-6637
Cell       1-740-972-6441

Siempre Hay Esperanza

                      Jan-Frode
                      Myklebust                To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      <janfrode@PARALLA        cc:
                      B.UIB.NO>                Subject:  Re: HSM + GPFS/HACMP
                      Sent by: "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      03/11/2002 10:38
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

> We run HSM on a 53 SP node,  3 attached S7A(s) and 2 S80(s), 2 6H1(s)
> environment with GPFS ..  + HACMP...

The special thing about our configuration is that we run GPFS with
HACMP instead of GPFS with PSSP. The installation scripts for the HSM
client for GPFS expects some PSSP tools (and maybe other PSSP
services) which isn't installed in our environment.

I suspect you run GPFS with PSSP?

IBM is saying HSM with GPFS/HACMP should be available in 6 months time..

>  If and when you decide what you want to do, I will give you this advice,
> when you are configuring HSM give your clients/nodes the hsm suffix ..

I would appreciate your advice even though we haven't decided wat to
do yet (install PSSP, wait 6 months, ???).

  -jf