ADSM-L

return "export" volume to scratch

2015-10-04 17:10:42
Subject: return "export" volume to scratch
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Good Morning All,

        I have a tape volume that was used to export a node.  I would like
to check that volume back in as scratch.  I'm having trouble finding the
answer.

Here is an excerpt from the actlog showing what I have tried.

ANR2017I Administrator ADMIN issued command: CHECKIN libvolume 3575lib
0ACFB3 status=scratch checklabel=yes
ANR8443E CHECKIN LIBVOLUME: Volume 0ACFB3 in library 3575LIB cannot be
assigned a status of SCRATCH.

ANR2017I Administrator ADMIN issued command: LABEL libvolume 3575lib
search=yes labelsource=barcode checkin=scratch
ANR8816E LABEL LIBVOLUME: Volume 0ACFB3 in library 3575LIB cannot be
labelled because it is currently defined in a storage pool or in the
volume history file.

ANR2017I Administrator ADMIN issued command: DELETE VOLUME 0ACFB3
discarddata=yes
ANR2401E DELETE VOLUME: Volume 0ACFB3 is not defined in a storage pool.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Jon Martin