ADSM-L

Re: 3584 slots

2015-10-04 17:10:41
Subject: Re: 3584 slots
From: Daniel Sparrman [mailto:daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We recently setup a 3584, and had a IBM technician put his hand on the
machine, to enable warranty. According to him, the first two slots are
reserved, one for diagnostic cartridge, and one for cleaning cartridge.
According to him, theese slots can not be used for standard LTO =
cartridges,
and TSM will not see them during label/checkin.

This was also verified as we had put two cartridges in the first two =
slots.
However, theese cartridges was not seen by TSM.

The 3494 also has theese reserved cartridges. The LTO 3584-L32 builds =
on
the base of the 3494.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergk=E4llav=E4gen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
V=E4xel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

=20

                    "Loon, E.J.

                    van - SPLXM"         To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    <Eric-van.Loo        cc:

                    n AT KLM DOT COM>           Subject:     Re: 3584 slots

                    Sent by:

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA

                    RIST.EDU>

=20

=20

                    2002-03-07

                    15:38

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

=20

=20

Hi Daniel!
Aren't you confusing the 3584 with a 3494? As far as I can find in the
doc's, there is no fixed cleaner slot in a 3584 and I don't even have a =
CE
cartridge!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon