ADSM-L

No drives available.

2002-03-07 07:11:47
Subject: No drives available.
From: Jason Morgan <jmorga31 AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 12:11:04 +0000
Hi,

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this problem.

I am in the process of migrating data from a V3.1 ADSM server connected to
a 3494 library containing 4 * 3590 drives.

I have set up a new ADSM server 4.2.1 to act as a data recovery server.
This server has a 3590 with a stacker attached.

The method I use to restore the data is as follows:-

1. Full archive of data.
2. Full database backup at Site A
3. Database backup and archive tape shipped to site B.
4. Point in time restore of database at Site B and an upgrade db.
5. define library lib1 device=/dev/rmt1.smc shared=no
6. define drive lib1 drive1 device=/dev/rmt1 element=16 online=yes
7 upd devc atl3590 library=lib1
8. Allter dsm.sys file on client and restore data.

This has worked for 4 servers without a problem.

However, when trying to restore data from a 5th server, I get a No drives
available in library and a mount request denied.

I can still restore data from the other 4 servers that have been migrated.

The only think I can think of is the mounlimit when the archive is taken.
The mount limit of the dev class is 4. My next attempt is to update the
mountlimit to 1 on the source server , cut the archive and retry the
restore..

Has anyone got any suggestions / work arounds. ? Can you daisy chain
multiple 3590 drives to represent a single library  ? I don't think it is
possible as a storage pool points to a devc which points to a drive.

Thanks in advance

Jason