ADSM-L

Re: One system, two different servers,two different ports

2002-03-06 15:26:21
Subject: Re: One system, two different servers,two different ports
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 15:22:24 -0500
> For some reason we have a system that have to back-up to different
> TSM-servers in seperate locations.
>
> Does anybody has any experience with the following:
> one client-installation, two stanza's in dsm.sys, per stanza following
> different settings: client-node-name or client IP-adres, IP-server address,
> different port-numbers to communicate.

We have a test TSM server we use to test TSM code updates before putting
the updates on the production server. We several client systems set up with
two stanzas in dsm.sys to enable them to send backups to the test server as
well as the production server. Most tests are run manually by executing the
dsm or dsmc command with the -servername option. We have occasionally started
up a client scheduler process for each server and run scheduled backups from
the test server. The two stanzas always have differeent server addresses.
They have different port numbers in cases where we want to have two client
scheduler processes. We have never found it necessary to have different
node names or client IP addresses in the two stanzas. We always specify
different schedlogname and errorlogname options in the two stanzas; two
processes using the same log files is an idea I prefer not to dwell upon.