ADSM-L

password reset?

2015-10-04 17:10:41
Subject: password reset?
From: Alexander Lazarevich [mailto:alazarev AT HERA.ITG.UIUC DOT EDU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We love the ADSM tape library. It saves our butts all the time.
Only one small problem: we have 3 admin accounts set up in ADSM.
Occasionally the passwords for an admin account will be reset, deleted, or
something. Anyway, we can't logon to that account.

It seems to happen once a year or so, maybe. So far it's never happened
that all 3 admin accounts passwords got blow away at the same time. If
that ever were to happen we'd be screwed - no one could logon and reset
the passwords.

I've looked in the GUI interface to try to see anything like, "reset
passwords after X days" or something like, but I havn't found anything
like that.

Anyone know the command to turn that off, or lengthen the time of reset?

Thanks in advance,

Alex
   Alex Lazarevich | Systems | Imaging Technology Group
   Alex Lazarevich | Systems | Imaging Technology Group
   alazarev AT itg.uiuc DOT edu | (217)244-1565 | www.itg.uiuc.edu
 This message and any attachments is solely for the intended recipient. If
you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, use, or
distribution of the information included in this message is prohibited --
please immediately and permanently delete this message.