ADSM-L

Automated schedules

2002-03-06 13:29:21
Subject: Automated schedules
From: Joe Cascanette <Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 13:26:55 -0500
I see in this message group about doing a query on the sessions/processes and
if one exists then to reschedule a schedule to check again later. I have been
searching the ADSM.SYS site with no luck. Could someone point me in the right
direction???

Thanks
Joe

Here is what I would like to do:
Server is 4.2.1.12 on Windows 2000

Example:

 - Backups are running
 - Check for available drives (make sure there x many drives available)
 - Launch the storage pool to disk schedule (update stg backuppool high=0
low=0).
 - Keep checking this process. After this is complete ( or have been running
for a x period of time) start the backup storage onsite tapes to offsite tapes
(backup stg onsite offsite). Keep checking for this to complete.
 - When done launch the full database backup.
 - After this is done then checkout the volume to go offsite (move media *
stg=offsite wherestate=mountableinlib wherestatus=full,filling checkl=no
access=readw remove=bulk) but I want to make sure that the tapes marked filling
in the offsite pool are over 50% used, if not I want to keep this tape back to
do offsite reclamation with)
 - Start the offsite reclamation (update stg offsite recl=45)

I can do the simple select statement, but if I could get an example to feed
information from 1 set to another I can take it from there.