ADSM-L

Re: Scheduling a client backup to NOT occur 1 day a month - how-to recommendations needed

2002-03-05 16:43:52
Subject: Re: Scheduling a client backup to NOT occur 1 day a month - how-to recommendations needed
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 15:40:09 -0600
There maybe better way out there, but  how about this solution
If "Scheduled Task" is on NT, then this should work.

Simply created two batch files, called stop_adsm.bat, and start_adsm.bat
with client's  schedule name.

C:\>type stop_adsm.bat
net stop "TSM Schedule Name"

C:\>type start_adsm.bat
net start "TSM Schedule Name"

Goto "Scheduled Task"
Create two scheduled tasks.
one for stop_adsm.bat  and other for start_adsm.bat
You can setup once a month to stop and start.

Sung Lee
Office  (512) 823-1012

                      Kent Monthei
                      <Kent.J.Monthei@G        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      SK.COM>                  cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Scheduling a client
backup to NOT occur 1 day a month - how-to
                      Dist Stor                 recommendations needed
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      03/05/2002 02:37
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

We have an NT client that's associated with a Solaris TSM Server's daily
backup schedule.  On the 3rd of every month, an application process runs
on the NT client that clashes badly with TSM's scheduled backup, so we've
been asked to disable the TSM backup of this client on the 3rd of each
month.

There's no way to schedule this per-month exception using the Client
Schedule parameters.  Could someone recommend a tried/tested method for
accomplishing this?

-rsvp, thanks
Kent Monthei
Kent Monthei