ADSM-L

HP server with Oracle 8.1.7 and Oracle 7.3.4

2002-03-05 10:54:02
Subject: HP server with Oracle 8.1.7 and Oracle 7.3.4
From: Neil Rasmussen <rasmussn AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 07:49:23 -0800
Gavin,

There are some things to consider here. Both Oracle and Tivoli (TDP for
Oracle) no longer supports Oracle 7. I highly recommend that you upgrade
that Database. In fact, Oracle is pushing all customers to Oracle 8i or
higher. Having said that, TDP for Oracle 2.2.0 in theory will backup
Oracle 7 databases. The TDP for Oracle 2.1.10 code base still exists in
the 2.2 code, the version of function calls is handled by Oracle so it
knows the right sequence to call. However, I must mention again that we do
not support Oracle 7 with TDPO any longer, and you must realize that if
something goes wrong you are on your own. This also means that TDP for
Oracle 2.1.10 no longer supports Oracle 7.