ADSM-L

Question on STK 9360 library not working.

2015-10-04 17:10:41
Subject: Question on STK 9360 library not working.
From: Hunley, Ike [mailto:Ike.Hunley AT BCBSFL DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We have a TSM 4.2.1.0 Server running on UNIX 4.3.3.0.  It usually connects
to an STK 9360 library.  The building powered down this weekend.  The TSM
server rebooted.  The Silo powered up.  TSM issues these messages concerning
the tape library...

ANR8854E ACSAPI(acs_query_server) invocation failed,
status=STATUS_IPC_FAILURE. 03/04/02 14:33:03
ANR8852E Initialization failed for ACSLS library ACSLIB

We deleted two drives and tried to redefine them, but received a library not
available msg.
When I tried to make a change to the ACSLIB, I received a library busy msg.

We issued these commands to show both daemons running.
ps -ef|grep ssi
ps -ef|grep mini

We called STK and opened a PMR with IBM.

Per IBM we performed the following steps to no avail...

In dsmserv.opt:  Made sure..ACSQUICKINIT YES

2. Halt TSM
3. kill.acs_ssi
4. Halt acsls
5. Wait 2-3 minutes
6. Restart acsls
7. Wait 2-3 minutes
8. rc.acs_ssi
9. Wait 2-3 minutes
10. Start TSM

Does anyone out there have any other methods to get past this?

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., and its subsidiary and
affiliate companies are not responsible for errors or omissions in this
e-mail message. Any personal comments made in this e-mail do not reflect the
views of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.