ADSM-L

Re: Exchange TDP 2.2 Restore Question

2015-10-04 17:10:41
Subject: Re: Exchange TDP 2.2 Restore Question
From: Consiglio, Tony [mailto:consigli AT BUFFALO DOT EDU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Info store question:
Yes, the exmerge does have to read from the Info Store (if that's what =
you
meant by IS) for each PST.=20

Time Frame question:
No, not at all. Actually the Exmerge utility goes very fast. We have a =
6.5gb
DB and that takes about 20-25 minutes to do a Exmerge on it. Also, you =
do
not schedule the Exmerge at same time, I would say run the exmerge =
during an
off-time and clock it. We are setting our time to do exmerge 1 hour =
before
backup goes off. Then PST are written to a folder and the rest is =
history.

Backup Question:
You do not do the exmerge at same time (see above). As far as extra =
time?
What ever your through-put is on "X gb's" of data, then that is the =
time
that the backup will take in excess.