ADSM-L

Re: 3583 LTO problems

2002-03-01 01:30:48
Subject: Re: 3583 LTO problems
From: Burak Demircan <burak.demircan AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 07:27:38 +0100
We had the same problem and it was fixed by changing a card on the
library.You could also try to upgrade to latest library and lto drive firmwares
regards,
burak

        sam.schrage AT TRW DOT COM
        Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

        28.02.2002 17:29
        Please respond to ADSM-L

                        To:        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                        cc:
                        Subject:        3583 LTO problems

Any one have a problem with TSM auditing a LTO 3583 library.   Some of my tapes
are missing but when I open the door of the library I see all the tape slots
full.   I use the I/O door to input tapes only as SCRATCH so all tapes in the
library should be known to TSM as SCRATCH or PRIVATE.

When the 3583  reinitializes after the door is open sometime it sees the
magazines in the door...sometimes not.   I think it's more a hardware problem
than TSM...until the hardware sees the tapes correctly TSM won't.

Any ideas.   Call has been logged to hardware support.

Sam Schrage
TRW Systems
615-360-4716