ADSM-L

File Expiration Problems

2015-10-04 17:12:14
Subject: File Expiration Problems
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU=20
I have a node running version 4.2.1.21 on Solaris 7.  I had a disk slice on
that box that was called /Backup_Storage about 1 year ago our UNIX
administrator created a new disk slice called /Backup_Storage2 and then he
deleted the other disk slice.  When I run the Backup/Archive client and
click on Restore I still see the directory /Backup_Storage and the last
backup of the files under that directory which were backed up on 11/29/00.

I understand that I can just delete the filespace from the TSM server and it
will go away but I was wondering why the files and directory are still
there.  And if this is happening then maybe other files that have been
removed from the client haven't been deleted from the TSM server.

Here is a copy of our copy group:

Policy      Policy        Mgmt         Copy                Versions
Versions  Retain     Retain
Domain   Set Name  Class         Group               Data        Data
Extra       Only
Name                       Name        Name               Exists
Deleted   Versions  Version
---------      ---------        ---------         ---------
--------       --------       --------        -------
--------       --------       --------        -------
SUN       ACTIVE      SUN         STANDARD     5              5
SUN       ACTIVE      SUN         STANDARD     5              5
30           60

If I understand this correctly it should only keep the deleted file for 60
days.

Please help,

Julian Armendariz
System Support Analyst - UNIX/TSM
H.B. Fuller

Confidentiality Note: The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to whom or which it is addressed and may contain
dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in error,
please delete this material immediately.

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 02/28/02 20:02:26
---
---
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain =
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain =
confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information.  No =
confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If =
you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all =
copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify th=
e=
 sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, =
print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended =
recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all e-mail =
communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in =
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where th=
e=
 message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity=
;=
  and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or =
opinions.

=3D=3D=3D