ADSM-L

Re: TDP monitoring

2002-02-28 16:44:14
Subject: Re: TDP monitoring
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:42:13 -0500
> I'm currently testing TDP for Exchange for possible deployment
> in a very large enterprise environment.  Is anyone aware of
> tools/scripts that I can use to monitor the backups/restores.
> I'm aware that
> I can look at the past history of backups/restores and
> determine approximately how long it will take, however,
> this can be quite time consuming.  Also, does anyone
> know how most people are monitoring
> the success/failure of their respective backups.  I
> was going to scrape data out of the excfull.log or
> excincr.log.  This seems kind of primitive.

Joe,

Just one thought...
Also, keep in mind that all backup (and restore) events
for TDP for Exchange are logged in the TSM server
activity log... including their success or failure.
That way you can go to one central location
to find out the status of the backups, i.e. you
would not have to go to each Exchange server
to find out the status.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Celebrate we will. Life is short but sweet for certain..."  -- Dave