ADSM-L

TDP monitoring

2002-02-28 15:51:13
Subject: TDP monitoring
From: "Wholey, Joseph (TGA\\MLOL)" <JWholey AT EXCHANGE.ML DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:48:44 -0500
I'm currently testing TDP for Exchange for possible deployment in a very large
enterprise environment.  Is anyone aware of tools/scripts that I can use to
monitor the backups/restores.  I'm aware that
I can look at the past history of backups/restores and determine approximately
how long it will take, however, this can be quite time consuming.  Also, does
anyone know how most people are monitoring
the success/failure of their respective backups.  I was going to scrape data
out of the excfull.log or excincr.log.  This seems kind of primitive.

Regards,
Joe Wholey
TGA Distributed Data Services
Merrill Lynch