ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:12:14
Hi,
I am using TDP for SAP R/3 V3.2.0.8 and I would appreciate your help in
accomplishing
the following:

-2 copies of the REDO logs, each copy is to go to a different TSM server
(different sites)
(different sites)
-I would like to switch between the TSM servers on a daily base so that the
on/offline backup on day 1 goes to site A's server and on day 2 goes to site
on/offline backup on day 1 goes to site A's server and on day 2 goes to site
B (this is easy in the utl except for the fact that 2 days in a week it will
go to the same site)
-If one TSM server isn't available I would like both redolog copies to the
other server and also the on/offline to the other server
other server and also the on/offline to the other server

All of this to:
-Avoid having to do offsiting through tape to tape copy every day of ~10TB
of SAP data
of SAP data
-To get highly available data as a restore with the new setup should in
worst case involve going back 3 days + redo logs if I have a site failure
worst case involve going back 3 days + redo logs if I have a site failure
(or a TSM server down).
(Tape to tape copy doesn't solve this as it takes ages to do ~10TB a day).

My problem is the setup within one utl file to accomplish both the switch
and the 2 copies of the REDO LOGS. It looks like it is easy for 1 tape drive
used for on/off but it seems that I need to have 3 redolog copies if I would
like to use 2 tape drives for the on/offline backups. (And 4 if using 3
drives). This is a lot of copies to store...
Does anyone of you have a more simpler setup that can do the same trick?
HACMP for TSM will take care of the unavailable TSM server but I will still
need to switch to be able to store the data in two different
libraries/sites. Our SAP gurus prefer to use only one utl file...

Attached is a file with:
-Example 1 with 1 tape drive used for the on/offline backups.
-Example 2 with 2 tape drives used for the on/offline backups, one high
-Example 2 with 2 tape drives used for the on/offline backups, one high
speed LAN.
speed LAN.
-Example 3 with 3 tape drives used for the on/offline backups, one high
speed LAN.
speed LAN.
-Example 4 with 2 tape drives used for the on/offline backups, one drive per
ATM adapter.
ATM adapter.
(Redologs goes always first to disk)

 <<swich sides.txt>>

Regards,
Jan Norback
Tivoli Certified Consultant: ADSM/TSM
IBM Cert. Adv. Technical Expert RS/6000 AIX
Atos Origin-IT (MS/DS/OSS Unix)
VA-106, PO-box 218, 5600 MD Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Groenewoudseweg 1 5621 BA Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Email: Jan.Norback AT Atosorigin DOT com
Tel: +31 (0)40-2780289
Mobile: +31 (0)6-12994492
Fax     : +31 40 2783962