ADSM-L

Re: Idea for a TSM feature

2002-02-27 12:12:04
Subject: Re: Idea for a TSM feature
From: Richard Cowen <richard_cowen AT CNT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:01:38 -0600
I am sure others will reply, but why not use large cached primary disk
pools?
If you need to, define a separate pool for each "important" client, large
enough to hold a "full" backup.  That way, all the active files will usually
be in the pool. (Exceptions will break this, eg a big file that changes
every day may flush out an "old" active file....)

True?

(See TSM Guide for disadvantages of cached pools...)

While I suspect that having active/inactive be in different storage pools
would "break" something in TSM, maybe we could get a "move data node=xxx
type=active" command...