ADSM-L

Re: TSM API

2015-10-04 17:12:14
Subject: Re: TSM API
From: Elmar Abeln [mailto:elmar.abeln AT URZ.UNI-HEIDELBERG DOT DE]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi Jose,
> Hi - Has anyone had any experience with using the Tivoli Api.  We are
> embarking on exploring the API and its effectiveness Please let me
> know

i took the "butc" source-code from TRANSARC-AFS and included Tivoli Api
calls to backup AFS-Volumes to TSM instead to tape. (like former buta from
IBM and now tbutc from IBM-TRANSARC). It works under AIX 4.3 ,SOLARIS 7 and
W2K. On LINUX 2.2 there have to be excluded the pthered library and replaced
with dummy calles but it works also fine.

Elmar

Dr. Elmar Abeln              email: Elmar.Abeln AT URZ.Uni-Heidelberg DOT DE
Dr. Elmar Abeln              email: Elmar.Abeln AT URZ.Uni-Heidelberg DOT DE
Universitaetsrechenzentrum
Im Neuenheimer Feld 293      phone: +49 (6221) 54 4513
D 69120 Heidelberg           fax:   +49 (6221) 54 5581
 This message and any attachments is solely for the intended recipient. If
you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, use, or
distribution of the information included in this message is prohibited --
please immediately and permanently delete this message.