ADSM-L

Re: DataBase File Spaces and Selective Backups

2002-02-25 17:47:54
Subject: Re: DataBase File Spaces and Selective Backups
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:45:25 -0800
Paul,

One thing I notice is that in the Admin Guide for 4.2, it says that
Selective backups are subject to the incl/excl list (Chapt. 12, Implementing
Policies for Client Data > How Tivoli Storage Manager Selects Files for
Policy Operations, page 248).  I don't think the exclude /fsmnt/.../* &
Selective will work, unless that paragraph is wrong.

How about making a mgmtclass with copygroup MODE=ABSOLUTE and running the
incremental and include/bind to that mgmtclass?  The absolute mode will
force it to back up whether it has changed or not, to fit your DR Media
rotations.  You won't have to run two backups, so you won't have to worry
about expiring the old versions because they'll just be included instead of
excluded.

Would that work for you?  I think it fits the criteria and is more easily
supported if someone has to figure out what is going on.

Alex