ADSM-L

Re: MS SQL TDP help

2002-02-25 14:07:16
Subject: Re: MS SQL TDP help
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:05:00 -0500
> The problem is, that the scheduler performs both backups, but the one
that
> is supposed to be a TDP backup, remains a regular windows backup.  It
does
> not backup the database, but the same windows files that the regular ba
> client performs.

Bob,

What kind of schedule do you have defined for TDP for SQL?
It should be a "COMMAND" type schedule.  The COMMAND type
schedule will call a specific batch file that you have
set up that runs the specific TDP for SQL command.

It sounds like you just have another BA client type
"full" or "incremental" schedule set up instead of
the kind required (ACTION=COMMAND) for TDP for SQL.

Please read Appendix C in the TDP for SQL User's Guide
for exact details on setting this up.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Celebrate we will. Life is short but sweet for certain..."  -- Dave