ADSM-L

Re: IP change on AIX

2002-02-25 10:07:51
Subject: Re: IP change on AIX
From: Herfried Abel <ha7 AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:05:00 +0100
Mark,

one way to change the AIXs IP is:

1) stop all applications (eg TSM)
2) run sh /etc/tcp.clean and sh /etc/nfs.clean ( from the console cause
this stopps AIX networking )
3) remove Network devices ( eg. rmdev -l en0 -d and rmdev -l ent0 -d )
4) run cfgmgr to recreate the devices ( the are now *very* clean )
5) run smitty tcpip-> minimum configuration and startup ( fill in all
required information ) - starts the network
6) check /etc/hosts for possible inconsistences ( e.g. doubled hostname )
7) retsart you applications

be carfull to also update your client dsm.sys if you are not using DNS
resolution - otherwise keep your DNS info in a consitent state.

herfried

Mark Hayden <MHayden AT EPA.STATE.IL DOT US>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 25.02.2002
15:51:07