ADSM-L

Client Computability list

2002-02-22 18:01:18
Subject: Client Computability list
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:57:53 -0800
On the old IBM-ADSM web site, when you looked up
Client or server software, you were presented with a matrix
listing versions, along with supported Operating Systems,
Device lists etc. Everything you needed to know to determine
which versions would work in your environment. It was really
handy.

Does such and animal exits on The Tivoli site, I've spent
a lot of time trying to find the information, and I know that
it's probably there, but I just can't seem to find any compatibility
other than the most recent versions.

I'd Like to see a list covering
Both the 4.1.X and 4.2.X Clients and Servers, not
just the latest.

We are planning to migrate our desktops to Windows XP, and while
most of our clients run on Nt or 2000 servers, we need to know which
clients are certified on XP, and if they are listed as "Compatible" or
"Logo Certified."

Is it a lot harder to find stuff on the Tivoli site than it was on
the old IBM-ADSM site, or is it just me?