ADSM-L

Re: space consumed by outlook files

2002-02-22 16:41:59
Subject: Re: space consumed by outlook files
From: "William F. Colwell" <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:39:29 -0500
Holly,

If your users leave outlook running very little space is consumed in tsm because
the client can't access the .pst file.  I have been searching for a way to get
outlook
stopped by the scheduler preschedcommand.  Has anyone figured out how to
do this yet?

We don't use outlook for mail and most users don't use it at all.  But some of
my
users use it for calender and contacts etc. and they don't stop it before they
go home so the backups always fail.

To see if this is happening you can search the actlog, if you are receiving
client
messages (I am, but I forget how to start it).  In dsmadmc -

set sqldisplaymode wide
select * from actlog where message like 'ANE4007E%Outlook.pst%'
>c:\failedoutlookbackups.txt

Hope this helps,

Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell