ADSM-L

'Delay Period for Volume Reuse'

2002-02-21 11:41:36
Subject: 'Delay Period for Volume Reuse'
From: brian welsh <brianwelsh3 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:39:09 +0100
Hello *sm-ers,

I'm the new TSM-administration in our organisation and I have a question
about how the last adminstrator set up the option 'Delay Period for Volume
Reuse'.
In our environment we have a diskpool. Every day we migrate the
back-up/archive data to a tapepool. We also have some administrative command
schedules. One schedule is a delete volhistory command, like 'del
volhistt=all todate=-30'. We also have a command 'del volhist t=dbb
todate=-7'. The option 'Delay Period for Volume Reuse' for our tapepool is
'0' (zero). After reading the manual I was wondering if the Delay Reuse
period has the right value in combination with delvolhist dbb. I guess it
had to be set to 7, because when you want to do a point-in-time restore of
the database, it is possible there is no data on the tapes left to restore,
in spite of the database is saying there should be data on that tape.

Am I right? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for your information.

Brian.

Chat on line met vrienden en probeer MSN Messenger uit:
http://messenger.msn.nl