ADSM-L

Help on TSM Client version 2.2 for Exchange 5.5

2002-02-20 12:49:29
Subject: Help on TSM Client version 2.2 for Exchange 5.5
From: "Consiglio, Tony" <consigli AT BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:32:00 -0500
Is any one using the TSM exchange client version 2.2 with any success, with
reference to Exchange 5.5 brick level layer backup/restores.

I have a few questions:

1.) What and or how are you doing "brick Level Layer" Backups and more
importantly, Restores on your exchange 5.5 user mailboxes?

2.) If a VP needs a certain directory that has important information in it
aside from his default directories in exchange, how are you doing a
individual mailbox directory restore?

I read Tivoli's guide on setting up a 2nd server and restoring the
Information store then logging in as that user and exporting the mailbox.
This is all well and good if you "can" restore over the top of the entire
mailbox. However, I am asking about a individual directory with in the
mailbox.

We are using arcserve 2000. As far as I know this is the only software that
will do a real-time brick level layer backup and restore.

Any help would be great. Thanks
Tony

Anthony F.Consiglio
Senior Systems Analyst II