ADSM-L

On-bar help required.

2002-02-20 08:46:19
Subject: On-bar help required.
From: Jason Morgan <jmorga31 AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:37:47 +0000
All,

We have installed a new TSM 4.2.1 environment at our site.

Our DBA has tried to run an onbar backup using the following command:-
onbar -b -L 0 with the number of parallel backups set to two.

Due to the default number of mount points being set to 1 for a client, this
backup started giving errors and was aborted by the DBA.

The maximun number of mount points was altered to 2 and another backup was
kicked. This backup went through cleanly and no errors were encountered in
the API log.

The DBA has tried to run a restore.

The bar_act.log say WARNING : Physical restore complete. Logical restore
required before work can continue.

The DBA issues onbar -r -l and the following error is displayed on the
online.log

DBSpace logspace1 not recovered fomr same archive as  DBSpace rootbds.

Has anyone encounetered this type of error before.

The DBA has asked if the problem is due to multiple backups being on the
same tape . Could this be the case ?

Regards Jason