ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Exchange

2002-02-20 07:49:00
Subject: Re: TDP for Exchange
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 07:46:58 -0500
> Another small issue I detected: The TDP for Exchange manual states:
> After the storage group and logs are successfully backed up, the log
files
> are deleted.
> In our case there are always 4 log files left behind after a full backup.
Is
> that normal behavior?

Eric,

Only log files that have had their data written to the
database will be deleted. So, it is entirely possible
(and normal) for there to be log files that still
exist after a backup succeeds... and so the manual
probably should have said :
  "...the committed log files are deleted...."

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Celebrate we will. Life is short but sweet for certain..."  -- Dave