ADSM-L

Re: How do you backup network drive w/o logging in?

2002-02-19 20:10:00
Subject: Re: How do you backup network drive w/o logging in?
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:07:43 -0600
Yes.  That's exactly why I suggested to run the service under an account
_other_ than system.

      John Monahan
      Senior Consultant Enterprise Solutions
      Computech Resources, Inc.
      Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
      Cell: 952-484-5435
      http://www.compures.com

Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
02/19/2002 08:25 AM

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:

Actually ,the builtin system account is not network-aware. I was trying to
back up a network share by coding the UNC name in my DSM.OPT file. It
would
work while logged on, but the schedule would fail. I finally had to create
domain userid with authority and assign it to the service.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.