ADSM-L

Re: How do you secure the passwd in a TSM admin command run a via batch script

2002-02-18 15:32:07
Subject: Re: How do you secure the passwd in a TSM admin command run a via batch script
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 12:29:33 -0800
If you like, you can use something like "expect" to script your dsmadmc
commands.  For applications that block regular STDIN piping and redirecting,
like telnet or dsmadmc, "expect" does the magic tty swapping that's
necessary to feed the password into the password prompt so it won't show in
the ps.  I don't know much more about it because it's a little higher
powered programming than I've done in years, but if the security is that
important to you, it might be worth your time.  Here's the web site.

http://expect.nist.gov/

There's also a Perl version, but I don't know how good it's cross-platform
functionality is.

http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=Expect

Good luck.

Alex Paschal