ADSM-L

Re: WARNING about Tivoli 4.2.1.0

2002-02-18 09:26:46
Subject: Re: WARNING about Tivoli 4.2.1.0
From: Gabriel Wiley <wileyg AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 09:03:37 -0500
Who doesn't do this anymore ??

"I do not understand why Tivoli would put out code with major known
problems."

It's the world we live in today...........

Gabriel C. Wiley
ADSM/TSM Administrator
AIX Support
Phone 1-614-308-6709
Pager  1-877-489-2867
Fax      1-614-308-6637
Cell       1-740-972-6441

Siempre Hay Esperanza

                      "James, Doug"
                      <Doug.James@BCBSF        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      L.COM>                   cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  WARNING about Tivoli
4.2.1.0
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      02/18/2002 08:42
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

We tested 4.2.1.0 for a month, and then applied it in production.  After
two
weeks in production, TSM died.  After sending IBM lots of data dumps, the
IBM help desk admitted that there were KNOWN BUGS in 4.2.1.0.  Our choices
were to backlevel to an older version of TSM, or move ahead to a BETA
version, 4.2.1.9, that was supposed to fix our problem.  We have been
running this Beta for about two months, but it is scary to be on the
bleeding edge.
Doug James