ADSM-L

Re: Problem with tdp for Domino

2002-02-18 07:41:53
Subject: Re: Problem with tdp for Domino
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 07:34:21 -0500
> Everything works fine when the option PASSWORDACCESS is equal to prompt
but
> when I tried to change it
> at dsm.sys options file  to : PASSWORDACCESS generate, I receive the
> following message:
> ANS0282E (RC168)  Password file is not available.

Nick,

This probably means that the userid that you are running
TDP for Domino under does not have "read" permission
to the directory that the password file is stored.
You can change the password directory by
placing a PASSWORDDIR option into your dsm.sys
file under the server stanza of your choice.
For example, in the dsm.sys file:

   passwordaccess generate
   passworddir <directory_name>

The value of directory_name must be a directory
where the user that will execute the domdsmc
command has write authority.

If the passworddir option is not specified,
then the password file may not be stored properly
due to insufficient permission.

This is covered in the TDP for Domino 1.1.2 User's Guide.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Celebrate we will. Life is short but sweet for certain..."  -- Dave