ADSM-L

Re: Anyone have bare metal restore instructions for SGI's???

2002-02-17 11:54:40
Subject: Re: Anyone have bare metal restore instructions for SGI's???
From: Dennis Glover <dglover1 AT BELLSOUTH DOT NET>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 10:50:19 -0600
Sorry, I was vague about shared objects and libraries you
need in the /lib, /lib32, /lib64, /usr/lib, /usr/lib32, or /usr/lib64
directory.  That file is libdm.so.1, and it is part of the hsm
product distribution.  I have actually been successful in
copying this/these files from another like system and getting
away with it for a while.
If you have another running system with a like operating
system release, you can probably find some way to copy
libdm.so.1 to the system you're trying to do BMR on.
Try:
showfiles | grep libdm.so
That will show you the exact locations of all installations of
that file, as well as the exact name of the product distribution,
in case you want to try to install the product on the new disk.
No guarantees, however, since I'm betting you'll get about
a thousand conflicts if you just try to install that one product.
But if you're successful, you can then copy the file from
/root/lib... or /root/usr/lib... to /lib, and you ought to be set
to go.

Good luck,

Dennis Glover
Systems Analyst/Backup Administrator