ADSM-L

Re: Sun Solaris and Qlogic QLA2202FS (Sbus) and 3590-EIA

2015-10-04 17:12:13
Subject: Re: Sun Solaris and Qlogic QLA2202FS (Sbus) and 3590-EIA
From: "Seay, Paul" <seay_pd AT NAPTHEON DOT COM>
To: <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
We use the QLA2200F PCI card without any problems.  I cannot imagine why
there would be a problem with this.  I believe the same driver is used for
both.  The real issue is SBUS is going to be MUCH slower than the PCI card
(25mhz vs 66mhz).  Yes the IO slot board for PCI is about 10K and you may
not have room for it, but it is really worth the difference in performance
when you start running both FC disk and tape.