ADSM-L

TSM subfilebackup

2002-02-15 07:08:36
Subject: TSM subfilebackup
From: "Luecke, Wolf-Christian (K-DOI-44)" <wolf-christian.luecke AT VOLKSWAGEN DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:47:27 +0100
Hello TSM users,

I have some questions about the TSM adaptive subfilebackup, may someone can
help me:

*       What will happens when someone delete  the tsm_cache folder without
knowing it?
        Inside this folder threr are the basefile, the metafile and the
client_cache_dbfile
*       Is the option to use the adaptive subfilebackup more burden for The
TSM-Server ?
        More datavolumes to work with for the server.
*       Is a normaly Fullbackup, manually started the same as the server
does when a new basefile will be created?
        Does the creation of a new basefile include the cheking of changed
datas, or does it just overwrite all spaces.
*       When I use this kind of backup with more generations, will be placed
for every new generation a new basefile,
        or does realy just the adaptives got newer (so I can use more
generations with less datavolumes) and only just one    basefile?

best regards

Christian

E-Mail: mailto:wolf-christian.luecke AT volkswagen DOT de