ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:12:13
Hi TSMers

We are soon to be relocating to new premises and will need to move our 3494
tape library containing two 3590 tape drives. My questions are regarding
the safest way to do this.

Question 1 - What is the best way to remove the tapes for the physical move
of the library. Do they all need to be checked out and checked back in
again at the new site via TSM, or can the library just be paused and the
tapes physically removed and replaced when the library is in position at
the new site. Also, if the tapes can just be physically moved, does it
matter in what order they are put back into the holding racks within the
library.

Question 2 - What is the procedure for powering off and on of the library.
Does the lib need to be put into a certain mode before the power is turned
off etc.

Thanks ever so much for any help

All the best

Farren Minns - Trainee Solaris System Admin - John Wiley & Sons