ADSM-L

Re: Novell performance issue

2002-02-14 12:49:18
Subject: Re: Novell performance issue
From: George Lesho <GLesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:35:47 -0600
Thanks for the tip but my cache hit percentage is in the low 99s for both
my AIX and Win2K TSM servers. The issue is more likely related to the
version of Novell and its components based on reading and comments from
others... Here is where we are at:

TSA500    5.03
TSANDS    5.25
SMDR      5.04

The Novell admins are hesitant to put on TSA5UP7 or TSA5UP8 because these
are still beta but contain important fixes that apparantly TSM likes
(speedwise)

Any other hints/suggestion would be VERY appreciated. Backups are taking
forever on these Novell 5 boxes...

George Lesho
AFC Enterprises

Brandon Eckmann/NS/WSC <breckma1 AT WSC DOT EDU>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 02/14/2002