ADSM-L

Re: RESTORE VOLUMES

2002-02-14 12:15:24
Subject: Re: RESTORE VOLUMES
From: Michel David <moi_md AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:12:55 -0800
Hi Garry
CStringArray is a class in MFC (You shlould use ODBC
to connect TSM tables and a Programming language)

If you DO not use C++ or something like it. You have
to use some script editor (PERL...)
I use Norton Dos.
Little example of script.
SETLOCAL
PUSHD "C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM"
Echo>C:\Command.txt select file_name from contents
where volume_name='vol1'
DSMADMC -id=admin -password=admin -noconfirm <
c:\Command.txt > C:\Results.TXT
POPD
ENDLOCAL

This will just generate a file with the file_name
contents of the tape 'vol1'

This is a basis.
I hope you can continue.
Good luck