ADSM-L

Re: TDP FOR DOMINO DOES NOT CONNECT TO DOMINO

2002-02-13 15:11:50
Subject: Re: TDP FOR DOMINO DOES NOT CONNECT TO DOMINO
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:09:28 -0500
> Does anyone know the cause of the following error
>
> domdsmc query domino
>
> Tivoli Storage Manager
> Tivoli Data Protection for Lotus Domino - Version 1, Release 1, Level 2.0
> (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1999, 2001. All rights reserved.
>
> License file exists and contains valid license data.
>
> 0x01FE:This process "domdsmc" is unable to map the required amount of
> shared mem
> ory. Please refer to the documentation on how to fix this.
> ACD5130E Could not initialize the connection to Lotus Domino properly.
> error=510

Craig,

Lotus changed their memory model.  Please read INFO APAR II13107.

You said you were running Domino 5.06, but I would guess that
you have Domino 5.09 installed somewhere on that machine too.
The INFO APAR talk about the workround:

In Domino Server release 5.09 or higher (on AIX only) customers
will need to run a tool provided by Domino that modifies
application binaries to use two memory segments versus having
had to use only one in prior releases up to Domino 5.08.
.
Domino has provided a tool that allows for proper modification
of these binaries called dataseg.  This tool ships with the
5.09 Domino Server release CD.
.
The recommended syntax for running dataseg to correct this
problem for TDP for Domino on AIX is:
dataseg -s /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsmc
.
If your TDP for Domino install exists under a different path
than the default, please specify that directory instead, along

with the domdsmc executable as demonstrated above.
.
This applies to TDP for Domino running with any AIX Domino
Server releases that are 5.09 or higher.  This does not affect
any releases prior to 5.09.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Celebrate we will. Life is short but sweet for certain..."  -- Dave