ADSM-L

Re: TSM Sendmail and AIX

2002-02-13 13:31:54
Subject: Re: TSM Sendmail and AIX
From: "Martin, Jon R." <jrmartin AT KNS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:29:26 -0500
James,

You can cheat if you like..

        Send the vault information to your local corporate e-mail account.
Then if using Outlook you can set up an auto-forward rule.

Otherwise..  my sendmail knowledge is limited and rusty but...

        The email they receive is probably coming from
'root AT tsmserver.yourdomain DOT com'.  You can look into using /etc/aliases or
editing the DM line in the /etc/sendmail.cf for masquerading.  Then you can
make the mail look like it is from 'root AT yourdomain DOT com'  One thing to
keep
in mind is that if you do get to a point where the TSM server is sending the
mail out as 'root AT yourdomain DOT com' then your exchange server is going to
need
to know who that really is, so it can deliver mail to that address.

        I will stop there because the only way I've ever made progress with
sendmail issues is through trial and lots of error.    I hope this at least
gives you a starting point.

Thanks,
Jon Martin