ADSM-L

TSM Sendmail and AIX

2002-02-13 13:16:14
Subject: TSM Sendmail and AIX
From: James Healy <James.Healy AT AXACS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:13:38 -0500
I know this is not a TSM topic but what the hey.
We currently use AIX sendmail to mail copies of our vault list generated
from TSM to our off-site tape handler.
With the recent rash of viruses being sent by email, this company will not
accept email from a sender they can not do a "reverse DNS lookup" on.
And they can't do a 'reverse DNS lookup" on the mail they are getting from
my TSM server.
Our mail guys,( who are like me and don't know much about sendmail) tell me
that there should be a way of supplying a from address that is more public
in the mail we are automatically sending from my TSM AIX server.
For the life of me I can't find this in any of the manuals I've searched.
 anyone have any ideas?