ADSM-L

Re: Restoring Legato Networker tapes without using Networker

2002-02-12 13:58:42
Subject: Re: Restoring Legato Networker tapes without using Networker
From: DeMuse <demuse AT MN.MEDIAONE DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:55:58 -0600
I worked with Legato Networker for many years.  As far as I know Legato uses
a proprietary method for writing to tape.  It does not use any standard
utilities like CPIO or TAR.  The only suggestion would be to get a trial
copy of Legato Networker and install it.  It will give you, I believe, 45
days unlimited trial license.  To recover data from a tape without the
database or indexes you will need to scan and create them from the tape or
tapes you are restoring from.

You might be able to get a trial copy from their web site or contact the
local sales person for a trial copy.

It also would be nice if you knew what version of Networker was used to make
the backup.

Given a little time I could come up with the commands to restore the
indexes.  It's been awhile.

Hope this helps,

Mike DeMuse
DeMuse Consulting Inc.