ADSM-L

LTO/Magstar/STK

2015-10-04 17:12:13
Subject: LTO/Magstar/STK
From: Richard L. Rhodes [mailto:rhodesr AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I've been asked to determine if LTO is a viable technology for
backing up some very large database we will be creating (several 4tb
oracle databases).

use:

        - streaming backup of large db files
        - will probably run on a duty cycle of 20-22hr/day, everyday

I know that STK 9840/9940 and IBM Magstar drives are capable of this
kind of work.  THe questions I've been asked is whether LTO is viable
in this environment.

Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

Rick

 This message and any attachments is solely for the intended recipient. If
you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, use, or
distribution of the information included in this message is prohibited --
please immediately and permanently delete this message.