ADSM-L

disaster recovery

2015-10-04 17:12:13
Subject: disaster recovery
From: Thomas Denier [mailto:Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> HI, we are currently putting together our disaster recovery plan.  I was
> wondering what you may use as to any of the disaster services (Sungard,
> IBM...) or even your own hotsite? with duplicate equipment.

We use SunGard's Philadelphia Megacenter. Most of our recovery tests there
have been successful. Our main problem has been with networking. It usually
takes the SunGard staff several iterations to get network connectivity
right.
One test was largely a failure because of network performance problems. Ping
commands were showing 10 to 20 percent lost packets while I was at the
Megacenter.

Confidentiality Note: The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to whom or which it is addressed and may contain
dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in error,
please delete this material immediately.