ADSM-L

3584 amd SDG R03

2015-10-04 17:12:12
Subject: 3584 amd SDG R03
From: Daniel Sparrman [mailto:daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

Hi

We have a 3584 with 3 drives; 2 are SCSI attached through a San Data Gateway
R03, and one drive is direct FC attached to a switch.

We're using this library with a IBM P-Series 610 with one FC adapter.

The problem is that the performance of the 2 SCSI drives attached to the SDG
is very poor. The FC drive has a good performance and can reach speeds up to
27MB/s, but the SDG will only reach about 4-5MB/s, which shoulod mean
2-2.5MB/s per drive.

The 3584 drives(both SCSI and FC) are upgraded to the last level of
firmware(was done a week ago), and the library is at level 2250.

Is this a know problem with the San Data Gateway? We should at least be able
to reach about 10-15MB/s thought the SAN Data Gateway.

Appreciates any help I can get.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.