ADSM-L

3584 amd SDG R03

2002-02-11 01:05:49
Subject: 3584 amd SDG R03
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 06:57:32 +0100

Hi

We have a 3584 with 3 drives; 2 are SCSI attached through a San Data Gateway R03, and one drive is direct FC attached to a switch.

We're using this library with a IBM P-Series 610 with one FC adapter.

The problem is that the performance of the 2 SCSI drives attached to the SDG is very poor. The FC drive has a good performance and can reach speeds up to 27MB/s, but the SDG will only reach about 4-5MB/s, which shoulod mean 2-2.5MB/s per drive.

The 3584 drives(both SCSI and FC) are upgraded to the last level of firmware(was done a week ago), and the library is at lev the last level of firmware(was done a week ago), and the library is at level 2250.

Is this a know problem with the San Data Gateway? We should at least be able to reach about 10-15MB/s thought the SAN Data Gateway.

Appreciates any help I can get.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman