ADSM-L

Re: Testing A WIN2k Server restore

2015-10-04 17:12:12
Subject: Re: Testing A WIN2k Server restore
From: John Naylor [mailto:John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
When you register the test box to TSM you can give whatever name you =
like
ie testbox
For recovery purposes, what you can do is change the nodename in the =
dsm.opt
file on your test
machine from "testbox" to the same name as the machine you are =
recovering from.
Then you will be able to recover to the testbox.
You will not be able to do any backups/restores on your production =
server while
your test in in progress.

"Amini, Mehdi" <mehdi.amini AT valueoptions DOT com> on 02/08/2002 01:16:21 PM

Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu>