ADSM-L

Re: Testing A WIN2k Server restore

2002-02-08 08:49:25
Subject: Re: Testing A WIN2k Server restore
From: MORGAN TONY <TONY.MORGAN AT FORTISBANK DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 14:45:30 +0100
Hi Mehdi,

What are you trying to restore... is it just files, or is it a TDP process?

You have to be aware that the nodename in you dsm.opt file can be anything,
as long as it is registered on the Tivoli server. If you are restoring
Exchange you need to set up a VLAN, its probably the same for other TDP's.

If its just files...  Change the nodename parameter in DSM.OPT and then
reset the password using DSMC. From the web interface you can then do a
restore as the original server.
Don't use "restore to original location" - It will get confused!!  Always
set a directory for the restore and (it should be neccessary) move the files
later.

When you have finished.  I find it best to reset the client passwords on the
clients and the server... just to be sure!! (I use password generate)

The process seems scary first time you do it, but it really is simple!!!

Good Luck

Tony