ADSM-L

Re: Network Appliance - Filer backup - (DAR) Direct Access Restore

2002-02-06 10:41:42
Subject: Re: Network Appliance - Filer backup - (DAR) Direct Access Restore
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 07:38:36 -0800
My understanding is that NDMP support will be added to the AIX
server in TSM version 5. Don't know if that version changes the
requirements of direct-attached.

Why Tivoli chose to start with the Windows platform for an
enterprise-level protocol like NDMP is still beyond me. We are
eagerly anticipating support for NDMP on AIX.

 -- Tom

Thomas A. La Porte
DreamWorks SKG
tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com